Schedule A Free Consultation
Subscribe To Monthly E-Newsletter
 Download Estate Planning Questionnare
Read Our Blog

Font Size:


There are many circumstances where at some point after a divorce or child custody or support case is finished that one party wants to modify or enforce the current order that is in place. Usually enforcement is allowed and sometimes modifications are justified but not always. If you feel the current order in your case needs to be enforced or modified or you have notice that the other party is intending to seek modification or enforcement call Denise Cole at Grace Legal Services in Lansing, Michigan today to discuss your divorce and child support or child custody modification further.

In many instances after a divorce case is over, one party is ordered to pay the other party a certain amount of money or to turn over certain property. When this does not happen, then you must seek to enforce the judgment or order. It is very helpful to have a knowledgeable attorney at your side who is well versed in the complex family court system to guide you through it. If you do not challenge your ex-spouses defiance then no one will. The court cannot act unless you and your attorney bring it to their attention.

After a divorce there are certain factors in your life that can change. You may have lost a job or been put on another shift. Both of these factors are can affect how you comply and live by your previous divorce judgment. If you have lost your job then you need to have your child support and/or your spousal support modified until you figure out what is going to happen to your employment situation.

If you have been put on another shift this could drastically affect your child custody or parenting time arrangements that have been ordered. You need to find out what your legal rights are before it is too late. Call attorney Denise Cole today at Grace Legal Services located in Lansing, Michigan regarding your divorce or child support/custody order to see if a modification could benefit you. Not all modifications can be ordered retroactively. This means that if you wait too long and you end up with a child support arrearage, it may not be removed just because you later received a modification. Call today.

Grace Legal Services (of Lansing, Michigan) understands the troubles and trials involved in divorce. They provide legal support in divorce cases, child support, child custody, modificatons/enforcement, child parenting time, property division, martial assets, and prenuptial agreements.

Copyright © Grace Legal Services. All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at this site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution. All copies must include this copyright statement. Some artwork provided under license agreement.

Welcome | Estate Planning | Family Law | Trial Work | For Professional Advisors | Becoming a Client | About
Blog | Contact | Disclaimer
Grace Legal Services | (517)886-8950 |
PO Box 81013, Lansing, MI 48908